Saturday 3 March 2012

Snip, snip, snip

This week has been a pretty busy week, I've had lots of orders, lots to make, and a poorly little Tinker to look after!  This evening after the children had eaten their tea, I was sat at the table cutting out some recipe card gingerbread men (I know, I know, I really should use gingerbread people, but it is so conditioned that it just doesn't roll off my tongue, I have to correct myself!!!!) for my Gingerbread Sets and my Budding Chef Cooking Sets...


... and both of the children joined me with their scissors.  


We had a lovely time, it was very relaxed, and lovely to see both of the children snipping away and drawing without any direction.  This is what they did.

The Tinker (aged 3) created lots of bits, and drew 'circles' on some of them.


The Fairy (aged 7) created a story.  this is how it went...


A boat sinks at sea (I think the curve that I had cut reminded her of a wave which must have been how the story began), what you see in the water is a man, a lady, a child, a suitcase and a straw doll (I'm not sure where she got straw doll from, but that is what she said it was!).  The man and the suitcase and doll go under the water and don't come back up again!


They see a life belt in the water...


... but can the life belt (er... it sort of turned into a rubber ring by this point!) save them from the sharks?  The lady swims as fast as she can to the child...


... but they both get gobbled up!

I love it.  I'll have to do that more often and see what they come up with!

Happy weekend, hope you get to do some making :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely! I will get Ellie to have a go and record some of her stories!