Wednesday 21 March 2012

New Papercut - Family Tree

A few weeks ago I was asked to create a family tree papercut, so I jumped at the chance.  I've been itching to share it with everyone since last week, but as it was a gift, I was unable to.  Now the gift has been received, I can share it!

Tree, all drawn (with back to front names) and ready to go.

I find cutting really addictive.  Once I've picked up my scalpel, I'm reluctant to put it down.  I spent hours stooped aver my desk, my shoulders, hand and fingers really hurt after.  There's always a phrase my dad always uses that pops into my head at times like that 'no pain, no gain'.  I'm not convinced by it, but it always pops into my head none the less.
Finished!




The pain was definitely worth it, I'm reaaly please with it and I'm going to miss looking at it sat on my desk!

I find that finishing a papercut is a bit like finishing a good book.  I can't just jump straight into something else and spend a little while feeling a little lost!

I am happy to do some of these on commission, and you can find details here.


No comments: