Monday 2 January 2012

I'm really looking forward to 2012...

... but first, I would like to wish you all a very Happy New Year, and hope that 2012 brings you all health and happiness.

I would also just like to remind myself and share with you some of the things we have managed to fit in over the Christmas period. My house (and head) is in turmoil, and I am looking forward to the calm that will envelope the house once school is back.

During the build up to Christmas, we made...

... some lovely gifts of Hokey Pokey in some lovely origami boxes (you can find out how to make them here)...


... lots of mince pies, which my children love...


... and 'stained glass' Christmas Tree biscuits which we make and then share with the children's friends... 



Making Christmas Crackers also seems to be becoming a bit of a tradition in our house.  This year we ended up making paper hats (my sister was insistent that we should have them!?!) and writing jokes to put in them too (I think I enjoyed this bit the most, I'm not a fan of jokes, but the children has some corkers and they think they are soooo funny!). 


Since our visit from Father Christmas, we have battled with boxes and tried and tested presents.  The Tinker has spent a large amount of time making cars and planes out of lego with his daddy.  He is fantastic, I thought it might be a bit too difficult, but this is his 'city', he spent ages making this and when my husband 'borrowed' a piece he  noticed it was missing straight away!?!



The Fairy got a sewing book and has spent the past couple of days making and asking me if I have any fabric (!?!).  This was yesterdays creation, and she wanted to go to sleep at 7pm so she could try them out!!


So, what have I been doing in between Christmassy activities, chasing around after children, and making food?

Well, I have some lovely new cosmetic bags.  Most of last years have been sold, and I have some fantastic new fabrics. These are the first ones for 2012.  


Also, meet Foxy Loxy.  A fox I hope to use in some fabric later in the year, but that developed into some immediate projects. 


Firstly in a cushion that I made using a couple of pairs of trousers, my sister had given me a few years ago...

 


... and secondly in a book cover.  I have a small pile of these waiting to be photographed and put up for sale.  They have a lovely drawing book in them which are perfect for doodling, and also for writing things you don't want to forget.  I'm going to buy myself a diary to put in mine as I am determined to be organized this year.  We also have a family planner, so I have no excuses!?!  One of these lovely books is destined for a new home as a gift to one of my followers as a New Year gift, so keep your eyes open and ears close to the ground!


Oh, and before I depart from this rather long winded post.  Father Christmas came early for me (wearing a Royal Mail outfit!).  He actually came on Christmas Eve with this lovely gift (well, it wasn't a gift but I was very excited opening it!).

It looked intriguing...


... and inside were these fabulous vintage fabrics.



 I can't wait to use them!  But first I have a pile of fabric waiting to be made into some beautiful pinnies as lots were bought for Christmas gifts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So clever! I love the new fabric and can't wait to see what you do with it. Happy New year!