Saturday 26 November 2011

This years Christmas cards

Last Sunday I spent the afternoon with the children creating our Christmas cards for this year.  We decided that we would do some more printing (see previous printing post to find out how) as both of them love this activity and I knew that both of their designs would look great.

The Fairy practised some snow flake designs and I tried to encourage the Tinker to do some lines that went through each other to create a snowflake... this didn't quite do to plan.  He likes wild lines and dots!  I ended up helping him create a couple of snowflakes on his, to make is look a little Christmassy before he got to work with his dots!  Then we covered up and got to work!


Peeling the paper off the polystyrene is the Tinkers
favourite bit.  He loves to reveal his image!

We had a real little production line going... the table was covered!
I managed to finish them off this week by sticking them to card (in between tending to a poorly little Tinker.)

Our finished cards look like this...

by the little Tinker (age 3)

by the Fairy (age 7)
 I love making Christmas cards, especially if the children are involved.



No comments: