Friday 29 April 2011

I spent the day in my pinny today!!

I got dressed up for the wedding today, in one of my lovely pinnies.  I think that today must be the longest time I have spent in a pinny.  I seem to have spent most of the day doing some sort of cooking.  Before the wedding started I had poached a chicken (ready for the visit from my brother and niece and nephew tomorrow) and then the children had helped me make a chocolate sponge ready for the wedding celebrations.  After ironing through the ceremony (I couldn't just sit and watch it!) I prepared food for the BBQ, then it was making soup and making the filling for the leek and chicken pie ready for tomorrow.  Finally I assembled a very messy chocolate cake with a 6 year old and a 2 year old.  You can probably imagine their faces!!!! 


The cake looks messy because it is messy.  Not a cake to be eaten in front of someone you want to impress, but fabulous.  I will post the recipe some time in the near future.

I hadn't planned to do anything different today, but as the week went on the Fairy got more and more excited, said that she want to watch the wedding and have a party.  I am glad that she wanted to, I didn't feel the need to work during the day which is refreshing, and now we have the remainder of a yummy chocolate cake to share with our visitors tomorrow!

N.B  The cake is the same one the girls in my photo shoot assembled in March... I have been dying to make it since!!






No comments: