Wednesday 5 January 2011

Some lovely moments over Christmas

Some lovely moments over Christmas...

... making things with the children, and watching them draw.  This is one of the fairy's recent scribbles... I just love everything about it, she drew it in biro (she loves to draw in pen) and I am envious of the freeness in which she drew it, and hope that this never leaves her.


Having the excuse to make scrummy truffles, boxes to put them in, the pleasure from seeing them packaged so beautifully, and the reactions from people when given as gifts.


The children's reactions to the place mats I made for them.  The fairy had been watching them being made for her cousins and kept commenting on how she wanted one too (little did she know, and her little face when she opened her parcel!), and the Tinker won't have his meals unless they are on his 'new mat'.  The eldest of my nieces was poorly on Christmas Day and insisted in taking hers to bed with her, and my youngest niece kept holding it up to her to make a skirt.  Great reactions, and well worth the time and effort.



Spending some time with my family... quite hectic (and exhausting) with the little ones, but fantastic.  There's my sister and me (quite flushed!!) in beautiful pinnies serving some food.  Unfortunately, it was so hectic, there weren't many pinny in action pictures to choose from!!


 I predict that 2011 is going to be a busy year for me (for a change), but I am looking forward to new challenges.  I will keep you all posted.

Best wishes to you all in 2011.

x





No comments: