Monday 20 December 2010

Deck the halls with boughs of holly....

fa la la la la... okay, maybe not, but we (myself and that crafty Fairy) have been having a homemade Christmas.  I admit, it is nowhere near the extent of Kirsty Allsop's Homemade Christmas, but we are dipping in our toes.

The children's (mine & neices/nephews) presents are finished, and yesterday I felt I had enough time to spend a few minutes surfing the online crafting community where I came across this fantastic paper snowflake.  I saw it and simply had to make one!!  It is fabulous, and although it looks pretty tricky to make, it is actually quite simple.  You can make one, or loads (as I intend to do time permitting), by following the instructions Kate from M is for Make has very kindly shared.


We also got down to making some mince pies...



... and the Fairy made a gift for the birds with the left over pastry.


I am sure that the birds will love them, and we will love watching them being devoured.




No comments: