Sunday 7 November 2010

A trip out with my mum!

I cannot believe that it is over a week ago since I was last here!  Maybe you thought that one of the witches that visited us for The Fairy's party last weekend had cast a vanishing spell on me.  Actually I have been poorly and now have an even bigger back log of things to do!!!

But first I want to make you aware of a fantastic Art Market that has been created in Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, where artists and designer/makers can sell their wares.  It has been set up as an event that enables artists and designers can exhibit (and sell) their work, rather than it simply being a business venture, and this is captured in the ambience of the market.  They have another planned for next Sunday, so if you fancy a trip out, it is worth a visit.  You can find out more on the Art Markets website here.

My mum had her eyes on a couple of pieces of artwork, but my eye was drawn to two stalls in particular (both who of whom I have just noticed were called Helen!) one was a textile artist Helen Hallows, another was silversmith Helen Shere.  I love both of their work.  Please do pop over to their sites to take a look at their work.  Unfortunately I didn't remember to take any photos of the event, but I am hoping (finger crossed) that I will be there early summer 2011.

Now I must go and make rapid progress on my niece's birthday present before her party next weekend.

I will post about it later in the week, time permitting.

Have a good week.

No comments: