Friday 19 March 2010

Chasing my tail!

At the moment I just seem to be chasing my tail. The past few weeks have been frantic, but this week has in particular. Yestrday I spent a few hours in Drumcroon Gallery in Wigan.

'The Drumcroon policy is to give all young people, irrespective of age, their teachers and the Borough's communities access to the range, breadthand variety of the visual arts. Exhibitions by contemporary makers are organised to provide challenging opportunities which widen horizons and embrace change. To give further insight and understanding, the centre provides its visitors with opportunities to engage in related practical activities. Each exhibition is placed into a contextual framework by demonstrating process and excellence through resident artists and through the use of secondary source material which has the potential to range across time, place and culture.'

This is an excellent resource, the artists working with them do workshops in the gallery, but also go into schools. Wouldn't it be great if every borough had access to something similar. There was a group of children in the gallery whilst I was there and all seem to be thoroughly absorbed by it all. I just wish I'd had the time to see them creating their own master pieces and to commit to having a studio there myself. It would be an excellent place to create. Inspiring....

Off to create... Hope to post creations later in week.

Happy weekend everyone

No comments: